Statistical Process Control
Spot trends before your process is out of control.
- Reduced scrap, rework, and warranty claims
- Maximize productivity
- Increase operational efficiency
- Decrease manual inspections
- Improve client satisfaction
- Reduce costs
The Statistical Process Control feature in Bright AM I SPC™ takes control plan characteristics to the next level. Any control plan characteristic can be configured for SPC. When test results are added, the SPC chart is updated in real-time allowing you to see and be notified at the time of test entry if there are any issues with your process. SPC has extensible support for statistical rules to help you spot trends before your process is out of control. Upper and Lower Control Limits are auto calculated, but you determine when you want to tighten your control limits.
Results are associated with a specific load/operation at the time of entry.
- Provides instant process feedback to inspection personnel allowing for immediate response to detrimental process variation
- Using the Westinghouse run rules to highlight non-random out-of-control conditions to simplify chart interpretations and reduce training time
- Sample size is controlled at the process level insuring the sampling plan is followed at the work order level
- IX and MR charts allow the plotting of single quality characteristics such as case depth and mechanical characteristics
- Enables predictive maintenance by using the system’s run charts to identify non-random changes in the operating parameters of key process equipment
- Allows for lean manufacturing total productive maintenance by providing equipment operators instant feedback allowing personnel to address negative trends before out-of-tolerance conditions occur
- Set control limits manually at the outset of new processes and during the initial data collection phase to provide visual aids while creating processes that are capable and in control
- Automatically calculate the control limits after the completion of the process development and data collection phases
- Recalculate the control limits with the click of the finger after process improvement activities
- Personnel responsible for developing processes select the operation where data collection occurs
- Simplifies root cause analysis when non-conformances occur by providing data from key operating systems
- Improves repeatability and reproducibility of inspection equipment by using the SPC programs during the calibration and verification processes.
- Summary statistics provide critical values such as Cp and Cpk, allowing inspection personnel to efficiently report certification and shipping documents
What our users are saying
about Bright AM
“Our Quality Manager was so excited when he found that the Statistical Process Control feature in Bluestreak Bright AM was able to take Control Plan Characteristics to the next level. We found that any Control Plan Characteristic could be configured for SPC, and that when test results are added, the SPC chart is updated in real-time allowing us to see and be notified at the time of test entry if there are any issues with our process. It also supports statistical rules like the Westinghouse run rules to help us spot trends before our process gets out of control. This has simplified root cause analysis when non-conformances occur by providing data from key operating systems.”